5 Easy Ways to Lift the Spirit
What to do? Luckily for me thereís always been that curiosity of whatís out there in the alternative world including the alternative therapies. Iíve tried many of them over the years and will continue to do so, all in the hope I can make things better for my body, mind and spirit. And it has. Iím aware that what may work for me may not work for someone else, so the message is to keep trying until you find something that will suit your needs. Many times Iíve been told theyíve tried everything. What is everything? What it actually boiled down to you could count on one hand. Itís worthwhile to keep searching, you may find that your world expands in a most amazing way by the making of new friendships (I have) and picking up useful skills for your Ďself-healingí tool-kit. So what do I do when Iíve reached a cross-road and need some direction or could do with some healing? Below Iíve listed 5 basic points that have helped to lift my spirit and with practice will also help yours:
1. Meditation! Meditation is one of the greatest self healing tools available and costs nothing except a little of your time! There are many meditation techniques out there, find one that suits you and begin. By putting some meditation music on and spending time in quiet contemplation it can soothe your soul and reconnect you with the highest aspect of yourself.
2. Aromatherapy and Essential Oils. Rebalance and rejuvenate your spirit through blending a selection of essential oils together in an aromatherapy oil burner. Iíve found the following blend works extremely well when thereís a need for nurturing, support and healing: Approximately an hour before retiring to bed place a few drops of the following in an aromatherapy oil burner with some water (for safetyís sake, extinguish the flame before lights are turned off for the night): 4 drops Jasmine 4 drops Rose 4 drops Neroli 3 drops Lavender 3 drops Bergamot The smell divine! I use this one every now and again and not only sleep like a baby but anxiety and stress disappears, and feels like the weight of the world has lifted from my shoulders by the following morning! (If you have a small bedroom you might like to half the amount of drops)
3. Breathe! Stand with feet a shoulder-length apart. Take 3 slow and deep breaths using the diaphragm muscles. Breathe in through the nose, and breathe out through slightly parted lips. As you do these imagine youíre inhaling your personal power, filling every cell in your body, from your diaphragm up to the top of your head. Be your personal power and notice how much taller, straighter and stronger you become. Repeat the steps above.
4. Be in the Present Moment. Take a few deep breaths and focus totally on this moment, right now. If youíre reading a book or magazine, or even this article, totally focus on the words and take in their meaning. There is only you and this article now in the present moment. If youíre in the workplace, focus totally on the task at hand, and only this task, and what you must do in order to complete it. Nothing else matters except you and the task at hand.
5. Set an intention. When Iím on the lookout for something new and useful for me, I set my intention on what it is Iím after. For example, I may want to find a book that will give me answers in regards to directing me to another healing modality or skill. I then meditate on this intention, give it a timeframe then open my heart to it. Lo and behold I will have a book in my hand in no time at all! I love the power of intention Ė I also use intention for getting a parking space when I go shopping! These days I rarely get sick and when I do and have a medical checkup, doctors tell me Iím actually very healthy (surely they can find something so I can get some sympathy around here!) which also includes blood test results. I still do sadness and unhappiness well (Iím still human) though neither lasts long whereas in the past it would last many days sometimes weeks. What lasts much longer is a peaceful state. When using the 5 points above, my spirit lifts and life once again becomes more peaceful and joyful.
Natures Therapy Articles
Natures Therapy Books